The Transport Workers Union is calling for tougher regulations on the truck-driving industry to reduce pressure on workers. This follows after police laid charges against a interstate truck driver who is alleged to have been under influence of the drug ice. The TWU claims the driver’s alleged drug use was most likely spurred on from being overworked. TWU adds the State Government needs to do more, to look after drivers’ well-being. Police say those travelling with heavy loads interstate with defective vehicles can expect similar across the border.
Recent News & Updates
- Cost of living squeeze November 12, 2018
- Bus fire on the Sydney Harbour Bridge is history repeating November 3, 2018
- STRIKE ACTION CANCELLED September 26, 2018
- BUSWAYS STOP-WORK MEETINGS POSTPONED September 25, 2018
- PEAK HOUR STOP WORK MEETINGS – SEEKING ANDREW CONSTANCE TO INTERVENE September 21, 2018
- Busways Want to Hold Passengers Hostage September 20, 2018