The Transport Workers Union is calling for tougher regulations on the truck-driving industry to reduce pressure on workers. This follows after police laid charges against a interstate truck driver who is alleged to have been under influence of the drug ice. The TWU claims the driver’s alleged drug use was most likely spurred on from being overworked. TWU adds the State Government needs to do more, to look after drivers’ well-being. Police say those travelling with heavy loads interstate with defective vehicles can expect similar across the border.
Recent News & Updates
- WORKING INSIDE AN OVEN – A DAY AT WORK FOR A BUS DRIVER February 12, 2019
- TWU NSW welcomes new President February 5, 2019
- TWU News Summer 2018 January 21, 2019
- REDSTAR TRANSPORT COLLAPSE PROVES THE NEED FOR REGULATION December 21, 2018
- Statement on Redstar Transport December 20, 2018
- Cost of living squeeze November 12, 2018