- The Transport Workers’ Union of NSW is a SafeWork NSW and Comcare approved training provider (ATP) for the purposes of Health and Safety Representative (HSR) training.
- Our trainer is industry qualified to deliver all HSR courses, having more than 10 years of experience with safety.
- The TWU is a worker focused organisation, which takes pride in delivering quality training. Our focus is to train effective HSRs with an end result of creating safer workplaces.
- All HSR training packages have been approved by SafeWork NSW and Comcare Authority.
- The TWU NSW is the only union running safety training from beginning to end in-house. This means we train our officials, delegates, members, HSRs and DHSRs at the TWU with a TWU trainer.
- The TWU training rates are very competitive. The cost of the 5 day HSR training course is only $900, GST inclusive.
- The TWU will also deliver a one-day HSR refresher course, offered to all HSRs and Deputy HSRs once 12 months has lapsed from the time of their initial course.
This course will provide information and skills that will assist HSRs to carry out their role and functions under the WHS legislation including:
- An understanding of the new Work Health and Safety (WHS) legislation
- An understanding of how it applies to their role as elected Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) and deputy HSRs
- The knowledge and skills necessary to use their additional powers under the WHS legislation to issue Provisional Improvement Notices and direct that unsafe work cease
- How the WHS legislation will influence health and safety outcomes in their workplace
For more information about HSR training or to enquire about our courses call 1800 729 909 or send an inquiry below: