Police have swooped on a bus depot in Sydney’s south-west, issuing a string of defect notices and puling one bus off the road. All but five of the buses inspected at Telfords had some kind of defect – including vehicles that are used to carry school children. Of the 27 buses inspected today, 22 were found to have some kind of defect and nine of those were serious. The Transport Workers’ Union is horrified. A recent state-wide survey of their bus drivers fund 55% have reported serious maintenance issues going unresolved across a range of companies.
Recent News & Updates
- SUNDAY MARCH 31ST: TRUCKING CONVOYS TO DEMAND SAFETY & FAIRNESS March 29, 2019
- Port Kembla Coal Terminal: A statement from Richard Olsen March 21, 2019
- WORKING INSIDE AN OVEN – A DAY AT WORK FOR A BUS DRIVER February 12, 2019
- TWU NSW welcomes new President February 5, 2019
- TWU News Summer 2018 January 21, 2019
- REDSTAR TRANSPORT COLLAPSE PROVES THE NEED FOR REGULATION December 21, 2018