Police have swooped on a bus depot in Sydney’s south-west, issuing a string of defect notices and puling one bus off the road. All but five of the buses inspected at Telfords had some kind of defect – including vehicles that are used to carry school children. Of the 27 buses inspected today, 22 were found to have some kind of defect and nine of those were serious. The Transport Workers’ Union is horrified. A recent state-wide survey of their bus drivers fund 55% have reported serious maintenance issues going unresolved across a range of companies.
Recent News & Updates
- Cost of living squeeze November 12, 2018
- Bus fire on the Sydney Harbour Bridge is history repeating November 3, 2018
- STRIKE ACTION CANCELLED September 26, 2018
- BUSWAYS STOP-WORK MEETINGS POSTPONED September 25, 2018
- PEAK HOUR STOP WORK MEETINGS – SEEKING ANDREW CONSTANCE TO INTERVENE September 21, 2018
- Busways Want to Hold Passengers Hostage September 20, 2018