The TWU have met with Busways today at the Fair Work Commission.
The TWU advises that a stop work meeting will be held this Friday, 21 September across five Busways Depots: Penrith, Blacktown, Windsor, Gosford and Wyong.
Bus drivers have sought to minimise impact on the public – Buses will be off the road between 10 and 2pm.
Busways have told the Fair Work Commission today that they are again instructing drivers involved in the stop work meetings to park buses on the side of the road between 10 and 2pm, even if there are passengers on board.
Drivers see that this is an unconscionable action by Busways that breaches safety protocols. Drivers will not be part of taking passengers hostage.
Other action by drivers will still be continued:
- Overtime bans
- Bus refuelling bans
- Fare free days, some opal machines are not being switched on.
Richard Olsen, State Secretary of the Transport Workers Union said, “TWU members are justified in their anger at Busways managers who were not prepared for today’s discussions in front of the Commission”.
Despite continued invitations by drivers and TWU officials to re-enter negotiations, Busways have responded with threats, they have unfairly docked drivers pay and will not negotiate.
“Drivers will not be bullied by Busways, they want a fair negotiation process. Busways have chosen to extend this brawl, they could have so easily have ended it today and not inconvenienced the public.
“It is apparent that it is time for Minister Andrew Constance to be involved. It is clear that Busways are not managing this well. However the TWU has approached Transport for NSW and so far, all we have heard from the Berejiklian State Government – is dead silence” Richard Olsen said.
Media Inquiries: Colin Henderson 0405 625 208